Complex Mode 3 Game
In this assignment, you will be improving your previous homework submission
(Homework 02) to make a more complex Mode 3 game.
Your game must have the following:
● At least one struct
● At least one array
● An end (win/lose) state
○ It should be understood that you have reached an end to the game
● A title screen with the name of your game on it
● An instructions screen with the instructions to your game (keep them minimal
since you can only fit so many words on the screen)
● A pause state
● At least five moving objects
● At least three buttons used for input
● Collision that matters
○ Something must happen whenever two different objects hit each other
● Only a minimal amount of flicker.
Your code must have the following:
● Multiple .c files (more than just main.c and myLib.c)
● At least two .h files
● Good organization (see tips below)
● Meaningful comments
● Start early. Never underestimate how long it takes to make a game.
● When splitting code between multiple files, put code that will be useful in multiple
games in myLib.c, and code specific to this game in main.c or other files. Those
other files should be specific to a concept (collision, etc.).
● Organize your code into functions specific to what that code does. Your main
method should not be very long.
○ Having update() and draw() functions that you call in main() is helpful.
○ Make sure the order takes into account waiting for vblank at the correct
times to minimize flicker.
● Build upon the myLib.c and myLib.h files from previous assignments.
Compress your entire project folder, including all source files, the Makefile, and
everything produced during compilation (including the .gba file) into a single .zip file.
Submit this .zip on Canvas. Name your submission HW03_FirstnameLastname, for